Payment Laws

ACT is Your Legislative Advocate.
Together, We Will Continue to Make
Positive Changes to the Construction Industry.

Registrar of Contractors requirement 
for contractors doing direct work with homeowners

“Pursuant to Arizona law we are required to inform you of your right to file a written complaint with the Registrar of Contractors for an alleged violation of Arizona Revised Statutes section 32-1154, subsection A. Any complaints must be made within the applicable time period as set forth in section 32-1155, subsection A. The ROC can be contacted at (602) 542-1525 or online at

We request that if any portion of our work is unsatisfactory that you notify us prior to filing a complaint so we can attempt to resolve any concerns.”


The City Of Tucson Construction Fairness Ordinance
First Of Its Kind In The Nation!

This ordinance is to compel prompt payment of all contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers
working on projects, private or public, commercial or residential, within Tucson City limits.
The Ordinance imposes civil fines on any party who fails to promptly make payment.

Click here to read the full text

Click here to file a complaint


Senate Bill 1375 defining final completion
Arizona Prompt Pay Law Provision

Click here for details

A.R.S. § 32-1129
Bullet Points

Registrar Of Contractors
Unlicensed Activity?
Turn them In!

If there were a way that you could make a complaint about unlicensed activity,
and actually have it heard by the Registrar of Contractors, you’d do it, wouldn’t you?
ACT has a complaint form that you can fill out and we will follow up on it for you with the ROC.
This form is available at all ACT Meetings as well as the ACT office.
Take advantage of the membership service.

You can begin the process by printing and filling out this form
and faxing it to ACT @ (520) 624-3049.

Addendum to Subcontract

Financial Questionnaire for a General Contractor

Handouts for the Killer Clause seminar in May 2008-
Getting paid for deadly clauses,
Contract clause handout

ROC complaint form